Wednesday 24 October 2012

10 points for 9na


Naina

She loves books. If we let her she will read all the time. When she wakes up in the morning and finds nobody around she’ll quickly put on her glasses run to the book-shelf, choose a book and scoot back into the covers to read. Even if she watching a movie she’ll have a book with her, you know just incase. When we go out she'll try to stuff a book into her tiny bag or mine......

She loves her parents no doubts but her heart beats for her sister. She just can’t bear it if Nikita is out of her sight[only exception is school], she’ll clock-watch and drive us crazy with “How many minutes more….???”

She got selected to sing in the school choir this year and is over the moon. Just like chechi. Nikita though is not very excited;-P

Did I say she loves books??? Almost every conversation with her starts off with regard to some book.
“Why did Harry have to fight Voldemort??? Why couldn’t Dumbledore who is more powerful fight Voldemort???”[She has read the 1st 4 books the rest I’ve locked away promising to give her one each year].
“What is Appendicitis??? Sally Hope in Malory Towers was in terrible pain because she had appendicitis.”
“Mama, is New York a very dangerous place??” When I look puzzled she explains with a puzzled look herself “Frank and Joe live in New York and they always have terrible things happening to them”

Give her burgers & French fries 3 times a day 7 days a week she will never complain which is why we've stopped asking her opinion on where we should dine.

Compared to her sister she is very laid-back. Nikita is the kind who will shake the tree and then dive to catch the fruit mid-air. Meanwhile you’ll find Naina already under the same tree, mouth wide open hoping a grape or two will fall directly into her mouth. Which reminds me of an incident…

Nikita was playing a game on my iphone & grumbling away about its deficiencies[one of the oldest models you see].
“I’ll study hard and when I grow big I’ll get a nice job and earn good money and buy myself the latest iphone. Then I will be able to load all the latest games I want.”
“Even me” chimed in Naina.
Nikita: How???? You need to study hard to get a good job you know.
Naina: I’m going to marry a Sheikh.

She is a good mimic and sometimes enacts interactions between the teachers & her classmates. Sometimes it’s so funny I get a stomach-ache. Her latest inspiration is Mathilda’s mother[a dumb blonde] from the movie “Mathilda”[based on the novel of the same name by Roald Dahl].

Very, very shy when she meets somebody for the 1st time. She will not even look up to meet their gaze. Will just nod and smile with eyes fixed to the ground. She’ll hang around the peripherals and watch Nikita who would have taken charge by thenJ. Once she’s sure everybody’s attention is off her she’ll slowly join in.

People who meet us for the 1st time always comment on our resemblance. But none of the family members including me can see it.

But her characteristics, every single one of them[except for the mimic-ing ability] reminds me of me;-P

33 comments:

  1. I received death threats from “The Rt. Hon'ble Lord R Esq, Second Viscount of Marathahalli[milord in short] to open the comments section immediately. I begged and pleaded for a few days grace which he graciously permitted. With the exams now out of the way I now have no more excuses to fall back on.

    To be honest I missed all the interaction myself, I hope all of you missed me too:-)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you have a writer in the making....marry a Sheikh and write books - great plan for the future ;)! I just reread Mathilda but am yet to watch the movie....love the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does write well for her age but like I said...very laid-back;-/. I keep cunningly bringing in JK Rowling and her poor-to-riches story in the hope it will inspire her;-D.
      The kids have read Mathilda & watched the movie too. They love Roald Dahl....one of their prized possession is a RD dictionary...they know it by-heart;-P.

      Delete
  3. I love her wits about the shortcut for being rich-Marry a Sheikh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think marrying a sheikh matters as much as scoring over her sister....Nikita was at a loss for words[which almost never happens] for a full minute;-D

      Delete
  4. Ha ha ha. To think that we have the means to scare you to open the comments section. Ah; what power :)

    Now what is it about "her characteristics, every single one of them, remind me of me". Does that extend to the marrying the Sheikh bit ?? Obviously B is a Sheikh, figuratively, if not literally :):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dreams never extended to marrying one...at the most I idly imagined saving a Sheikhs son from a certain death[diving & saving him at the cost of my own life] and Sheikh weeping with gratitude and insisting I must accept a villa in the Palm, a Mercedes and a high-profile job in his high-flying company as a token of his gratitude;-D

      Delete
  5. Talks of plans to marry, at what age?? Whoa!!
    Yeah, she must remind you of you: Book loving, sister loving, humor loving etc etc.

    PS: Ramesh's 'Ha ha ha' (given his: 'Ah; what power') sounds more like a laugh from a movie villain, doesn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaaa....RS my dear u have a lot to learn, they start as young as age 4&5. They don't mean anything by it, it will be stuff they picked up from books, movies or friends they talk to:-D

      p.s: I imagined him stylishly sitting on one of those high bar stools spinning a glass cube on the table while saying that;-o

      Delete
  6. I was dying to comment on the dog title and the 9na title. So typically Nancy :).. Thanks for opening the comments.. And Naina sure has her priorities right. Marry a sheikh ah!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's too cheeky for her own good;-P.
      Thanks Anusha, glad u like the posts:-))!!!

      Delete
  7. LOL !!! Marry a Sheikh...but quite smart huh :)

    Totally loved reading about the little bookworm at your place...may she stay like this always :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a warm fuzzy sweet post. Somehow all younger kids seem to be laidback..its my observation and I could be mistaken.

    Naina is a fun bundle indeed :-)Loving your blog marathon Nancy. Cheerleading for you from the sides !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U so much for the support Rohitha, I'm so happy u like the posts:-)).

      Delete
  9. I think only a mother can note such level of details. You are lucky to have her and she you...:D

    Her reading reminds me of myself too, used to like reading no end, ippo, its all surfing.. am becoming dumb...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look who's here;-D!!!!!
      Great to see U Abraham:-))!!!!

      Delete
  10. I am all for trivia!! thanks for this lot. Have got warning from friends to not talk trivia or get beaten up.. hmm. where do I show off all this now??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha....u are totally welcome here to discuss trivia anytime, I lovvvve trivia too;-D

      Delete
  11. I've been grinning to myself. I can safely say that the mimic-ing bit she gets from me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. made me smile :) liked the way, u described naina-nikatha's difference of attitude!!!
    n naina's marrying the sheikh idea! wow!! very smart! ;)
    u must b having fun listening to these nice banters of siblings!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun sometimes but mostly I'm refereeing nowadays;-(. My aunt was telling me the other day that this stage will continue till they leave home;-P

      Delete
  13. Hey Nance, She is so much like my younger one, hugs to the smart one :)

    Hey I can see so many posts, lemme hurry up and read all ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the younger ones seem to be alike huh;-D

      Delete
  14. OMG! She sounds like me, even the sheikh bit, the only difference is the shyness part, that is one waord you won't find in my dicitionary :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since u r like her and she is like me...means you & I are like eachother;-o

      ;-D

      Delete
  15. u just described the first born esp in the book reading area.. wish u well 9na from a fellow book lover. u go kiddo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. very creative way to write her name too. i liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank U for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment:-))!!!